POLISH OFFICE IN TAIPEI JOB OPENING
POSITION: Consular and Economic Officer
OPENING DATE: January 8th, 2020
CLOSING DATE: January 29th, 2020
STARTING DATE: March 1st, 2020, negotiable
WORK HOURS: Full-Time, 09:00-17:00/Mon. To Fri. (except for the Polish and Taiwanese public holidays)
SALARY: within the range of 1300 EUR - 1733 EUR per month
NOTE: Due to the limited human resources we will not answer any questions regarding this job opening and will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
TASKS ON THE POSITION:
Assists in matters related to economic affairs:
1. prepares analysis concerning Taiwan’s economic policy in relation to world economic cycle, in particular in terms of cooperation with Poland;
2. monitors institutional and legal solutions concerning economic issues, trade, investments, innovations and labor market;
3. analyses global economic challenges, including trade policy and energy security;
4. analyses economic issues that are relevant for Poland’s interests and are subject of EU institutions or other multilateral cooperation bodies labor;
5. acts in favor of realization of Polish interests, promoting Polish companies, in particular the strategic ones;
6. maintains working contacts with governmental institutions, state, regional and local authorities, political parties, social, economic, cultural and education organizations, think-tanks, media and representatives in Taiwan;
7. participates in organizing bilateral visits and consultations;
8. elaborates analysis, notes and informative material based on media sources;
9. updates data on the Office’s website and in social media;
10. organizes cultural and public diplomacy events;
11. provides translations of documents.
Assists in matters related to performing consular functions, in particular:
1. collects visa applications and maintains contact with clients of the Office, in particular those interested in obtaining visas or consular assistance;
2. maintains contacts and cooperates with local authorities in matters related to exercising consular functions;
3. analyzes the state of implementation of bilateral and multilateral agreements in the field of consular matters, and in case of breach of these agreements helps to prepare interventions;
4. provides translations of documents;
5. helps in activities related to holding referendums, elections to the Sejm of the Republic of Poland, the Senate of the Republic of Poland, the European Parliament and the office of the President of the Republic of Poland;
6. develops and updates information on consular issues that is available on the Office's website.
Performs other activities and tasks in accordance with the Head of Office’s instructions.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor degree or higher.
• Good writing and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage multiply tasks at the same time.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Good computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• High level of discretion and judgment.
Fluent English in reading, writing and speaking.
Fluent Polish and/or Chinese in reading, writing and speaking.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. All the documents submitted should be written in English. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
• Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, language certificates etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Please send us your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.